shrinkingviol3t

leave me alone, I'm reading

The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals

The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals - Michael Pollan With the impact this book has had on my life - the decision to move from NYC to Iowa, the decision to eat again at all after years of (what's a euphemism for starving?) dieting, the decision to stop buying food (for the most part) from the supermarket, you'd think I'd have something to say about this book.

I think the book has become so large in my emotions and my head that I'm afraid to write anything at all. Anything I say will not be enough. Anything I say will leave out huge pieces of what I really think and how I really was impacted.

So I say nothing.

I sit here with my sandwich and my beer, and my size 12 clothing, and my cats roaming in and out of the cat door, into and out of the fresh air at will, weaving between my clothesline-drying laundry, while my canner preserves my community garden produce, and I contemplate what, if anything, I could actually say about this book that would help me communicate exactly how I feel about it.

And I write nothing. And leave it at that.