shrinkingviol3t

leave me alone, I'm reading

The Next Always: Book One of the Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy

The Next Always (Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy #1) - Nora Roberts Here's what I did not like about this book:

1. This book started soooo slow. Hunky Carpenter goes on for pages about this Inn he is restoring, but I mean in detail. I almost decided it was going to be a make-it-work & two-snaps-in-a-circle romance novel. But apparently I am not up with the times: men can act like interior designers and still be heterosexual hunks.

2. Everyone in the book is gorgeous and thin. Including the chick that has 3 kids and a full time job.

3. There's a friendly ghost. Which in and of itself isn't bad, except it seems like the only reason for her existence is to warn Hunky Carpenter when hottie is in trouble all the way at the end of the book. Other than that, the ghost seems to be just a cutsie-wutsie incidental who greets Hunky Carpenter with a creaking door. I think the ghost has a small crusk on Hunk.

4. Halfway through the book we are introduced to a Creepy Stalker guy who really really likes Blond Mom. Where the hell did this guy come from?

5. Three quarters of the way through, he starts acting all crazy. And that's when I knew why there was a ghost in the book. Of course! What's the cutest deus ex machina vehicle for Blond Mom, but a lovelorn ghost who smells like honeysuckle to -get this- steam up the bathroom, then write on the steamed mirror to Hunky Carpenter that Blond Mom needs help.

6. Hunky Carpenter puts his bulging biceps to use by saving the day when Blond Mom's puny, but thin, fists are no match for Creepy Stalker. Yay!

7. They get married in the end. Happy ending, everyone! Surprised?

Here's what I liked about the book:

1. There was this Hunky Carpenter. I like him. I'd do him.

That's it. Three stars for the Hunky Carpenter.

Now, for the picture section. Fuck it, let's just look at Rob Lowe for no reason other than he's hot: